Opening Date: July 2, 2020
Closing Date: August 2, 2020
Department: Human Resources & Resource Management
Work Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
Salary Range: $92,000 to $126,000
Number of Available Positions: One
Named one of the "Best Places to Work" in the federal government in each of the last 5 years by the Partnership for Public Service, the TVA Office of the Inspector General is a federally-mandated oversight organization charged with preventing and detecting fraud, waste, and abuse and fostering efficient and effective operations within the Tennessee Valley Authority. TVA is the largest government-owned electric utility in the United States, providing electricity to nine million people in seven states.
This vacant position is for an experienced Human Resource (HR) professional, who will provide HR services for the OIG and serve as the subject matter expert for HR matters. Incumbent will manage and deliver HR and Resource Management services and programs that include: workforce planning and staffing, performance management, compensation, clearances/backgrounds, employee recognition, employee relations, budget, procurement, and facilities management.
Provides consulting and service delivery regarding a broad spectrum of HR and Resource Management matters. Incumbent is expected to:
- Plan, coordinate, and provide programmatic management in areas of assigned responsibilities. Provide leadership to all department staff members.
- Understand the operations and needs of the OIG and serve as a strategic business partner.
- Advises OIG executives and managers on a broad spectrum of HR and other matters.
- Ensure consistent application of program delivery services.
- Proactively evaluate, identify, and resolve human resources and resource management needs/issues.
- Keep current with related practices in TVA, as well as with external trends.
- Learn the principles of Crucial Conversations and Speed of Trust and become proficient in the use of the skills.
- Bachelor's degree in HR management, business administration, or a related field of study.
- 7 - 10 years of progressive and broad HR experience, and thorough knowledge of HR management disciplines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong facilitation and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize time to meet multiple deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint and ability to quickly learn new software.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance that requires a full background investigation.
- Position requires limited nationwide travel and requires a valid driver's license.
PHR/SPHR certification would be desirable.
How to Apply:
By August 2, submit electronically a cover letter, resume, and if you are a veteran, your DD214 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Announcement number should be included in the subject line of your e-mail.
For more information about our office, please see our Web site at oig.tva.gov. For more information about TVA, please see their Web site at https://www.tva.gov/.
PDF version of this job announcement