Opening Date: October 2, 2020
Closing Date: November 6, 2020
Department: Fraud Examiner
Work Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
Salary Range: $60,500-$91,300
Number of Available Positions: One
Named one of the "Best Places to Work" in the federal government in each of the last 5 years by the Partnership for Public Service, the TVA Office of the Inspector General is a federally-mandated oversight organization charged with preventing and detecting fraud, waste, and abuse and fostering efficient and effective operations within the Tennessee Valley Authority. TVA is the largest government-owned electric utility in the United States, providing electricity to 10 million people in 7 states.
The Office of the Inspector General (OIG) of the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) is seeking a qualified Fraud Examiner with a general knowledge of criminal investigations and investigative techniques for developing evidence.
- Assists in the planning and conduct of financial forensic investigations of persons or entities suspected of being involved in criminal schemes.
- Collects and analyzes complex masses of data from different perspectives and summarizes it into useful information that can be used to identify fraud, increase revenue, cut costs, or all the above.
- Looks for correlations or patterns among dozens of fields in large relational databases. Uses large relational databases to establish continuous monitoring programs that systematically identify potential fraud schemes.
- Utilizes computerized applications to assist in the analysis and presentation of financial evidence.
- Prepares accurate and timely reports of findings developed during financial forensic investigations which may be in the form of reports, exhibits, and collections of documents.
- Participates in teams involved in financial forensic investigations with other fraud examiners, special agents and auditors. This may include conducting interviews, assisting in the preparation and serving of subpoenas and search warrants to obtain financial information and information stored or warehoused through electronic means or computer devices.
- May appear before juries and grand juries to provide expert testimony.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in Accounting or a related business field, supplemented by 24 hours in Accounting, or a Bachelor's degree and 2 years of experience in financial investigations or forensic reviews.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of financial investigations experience.
- Employment is subject to successful completion of a background investigation.
- Must possess a valid driver's license as travel is required.
- Knowledge of data analytics theories, principles, concepts, methods, and techniques sufficient to conduct complex analyses.
- Experience collecting and analyzing complex masses of financial data from different perspectives and summarizing it into useful information that can be used to identify fraud, increase revenue, cut costs, or all the above. Ability to find correlations or patterns among dozens of fields in large relational databases in order to identify potential fraud schemes.
- Experience using computerized applications such as Power BI, Visio, ACL, Microsoft Access or other applications to assist in the analysis and presentation of financial evidence and evidentiary exhibits to assist prosecutors in grand jury presentations and at trial. Working knowledge of SQL language; knowledge of R or Python languages is a plus.
- A working knowledge of federal criminal code applicable to white collar crime and able to determine the criminal potential of analysis results.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in team driven environment.
- Ability to analyze facts and communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Certified Fraud Examiner is preferred, but not required.
How to Apply:
By Friday, November 6th, submit electronically a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Announcement number should be included in the subject line of your e-mail.
For more information about our office, please see our Web site at oig.tva.gov. For more information about TVA, please see their Web site at https://www.tva.gov/.
PDF version of this job announcement