Opening Date: February 16, 2021
Closing Date: April 9, 2021
Work Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
Salary Range: $60,500-$76,200
Number of Available Positions: One
Named one of the "Best Places to Work" in the federal government in each of the last 5 years by the Partnership for Public Service, the TVA Office of the Inspector General is a federally-mandated oversight organization charged with preventing and detecting fraud, waste, and abuse and fostering efficient and effective operations within the Tennessee Valley Authority. TVA is the largest government-owned electric utility in the United States, providing electricity to 9 million people in 7 states.
The Office of the Inspector General (OIG) of the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) is seeking a Data Analyst with the ability to query and analyze information in relational databases, a general knowledge of business and financial reporting, and strong collaborative and team working skills.
- Supports Investigations and Special Agents by using business and financial knowledge to query and analyze large amounts of data from various sources for evidence of fraud, waste and abuse.
- Analyzes data and builds queries using information from financial records, accounting data, database extracts and other data sets.
- Utilizes various analytic tools such as Power BI, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, ACL, relational databases and other applications to assist in the analysis and presentation of financial evidence.
- Looks for correlations or patterns among dozens of fields in large relational databases and uses these to establish continuous monitoring programs that systematically identify potential fraud schemes.
- Prepares and presents accurate and timely reports of findings developed during financial forensic investigations which may be in the form of reports, exhibits, and collections of documents.
- Participates in teams involved in financial forensic investigations with fraud examiners, special agents and auditors. This may include conducting interviews, assisting in the preparation and serving of subpoenas and search warrants to obtain financial information and information stored or warehoused through electronic means or computer devices.
- May appear before juries and grand juries to provide expert testimony.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in Business Intelligence, Business Analytics, Data Analytics, Forensic Accounting, or a related IT or business field.
- 2+ years of experience collecting, analyzing, and summarizing financial data into useful information.
- Knowledge of data analytics theories, principles, concepts, methods, and techniques sufficient to conduct complex analyses.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business and financial transactions, and the data collected and associated with these transactions.
- Experience using computerized applications such as Power BI, Visio, ACL, Microsoft Access or other applications to assist in the analysis and presentation of financial evidence and evidentiary exhibits to assist prosecutors in grand jury presentations and at trial.
- Familiarity or basic knowledge of SQL concepts like tables, views, functions, joins, and subqueries.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in team driven environment and provide excellent customer service to the investigative team.
- Ability to analyze facts and communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Employment is subject to successful completion of a background investigation.
- Must possess a valid driver's license as travel is required.
- US citizenship required.
- Previous federal experience supporting an investigations team.
- A working knowledge of federal criminal code applicable to white collar crime and able to determine the criminal potential of analysis results.
How to Apply:
By Friday, April 9th, submit electronically a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Announcement number should be included in the subject line of your e-mail.
For more information about our office, please see our Web site at oig.tva.gov. For more information about TVA, please see their Web site at https://www.tva.gov/.
PDF version of this job announcement