Announcement: CR 17-11
Opening Date: September 13, 2017
Closing Date: October 13, 2017
Department: Financial and Operational Audits
Work Location: Chattanooga or Knoxville, Tennessee
Salary Range: $45,000+
Number of Available Positions: One
Named one of the "Best Places to Work" in the federal government in 2015 and 2016 by the Partnership for Public Service, the TVA Office of the Inspector General is a federally-mandated oversight organization charged with preventing and detecting fraud, waste, and abuse and fostering efficient and effective operations within the Tennessee Valley Authority. TVA is the largest government-owned electric utility in the United States, providing electricity to 9 million people in 7 states.
Financial and Operational Audits is part of the Audits and Evaluations organization within the Office of the Inspector General. Financial and Operational Audits is responsible for performing audit work mandated by legislation, agreed-upon procedures as well as risk-based audits associated with TVA financial and operational activities. The work stems largely from mandated activities, review of TVA's business-risk environment, consideration of emerging issues, and requests.
- Assists audit team leaders in the conduct of performance, operational and financial-related audits, designed to (1) promote the economy and efficiency of TVA operations, and (2) prevent and detect fraud, waste, and abuse.
- Performs data collection and analysis of records and prepares written summaries of work performed and conclusions made.
- Assists team leaders in conducting entrance conferences, exit conferences, and interviews. Assists in the taking of discussion notes and as directed, develops meeting write-ups and summaries that are clear, concise, and grammatically correct.
- Assists in the preparation of clear, concise reports for reviews that are well-supported and comply with office policy on report formats.
- Develops an understanding of the OIG's mission, vision, and values; responsible for learning the standard operating policies and procedures of the OIG.
- Responsible for learning about TVA programs and operations and their major management systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in Accounting.
- Familiarity with computer-assisted audit and sampling techniques.
- Proficient with spreadsheet, data base, and word processing software including, but not limited to, the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- A willingness to learn and apply knowledge and skills in new areas.
- Integrity, self-motivation, and initiative.
- Ability to interview and collect the views, feelings, and opinions of different individuals and analyze those responses from a business context to make meaningful recommendations to TVA management.
- Desire/Willingness to travel infrequently throughout the Tennessee Valley.
How to Apply:
By Friday, October 13th, submit electronically a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Announcement number should be included in the subject line of your email. Also, please note the source where you found the vacancy announcement.
For more information about our office, please see our Web Site. For more information about TVA, please see their Web site at https://www.tva.gov/.
PDF version of this job announcement